The Local Foundation Pančevo, in collaboration with CWP and its subsidiary Vetrozelena, has chosen seven local initiatives that applied for the “Ideas Driving Change” competition, and their actions in the territories of Dolovo and Banatsko Novo Selo will be financially supported. The competition allocated 2,000,000 dinars.
The initiatives that, with their ideas and according to the assessment of an independent jury, met the competition criteria and will bring positive changes to their local communities are:
- “Diversity is Within Us” by the Citizens’ Association for Mental Education “Mozaik” – raising awareness about mental health and hygiene among children in Banatsko Novo Selo and Dolovo.
- “Reproductive Health is Not Taboo!” by the Creative Youth Center of Pančevo for the fight against AIDS “KOMPAS” – reproductive health education in Banatsko Novo Selo and Dolovo.
- “Adventure of Zelembac” Education by the Association “Youth Zone” – promoting ecology and recycling through play and education for children in Banatsko Novo Selo.
- Documentary film “Threads of Banat Lace” by the Association “Serbia My Home” – preserving tradition and cultural heritage in Dolovo.
- “Dolovo is Poetry – Poetry Colony” by the informal group “Poets of Dolovo” – creating and exchanging poetic ideas, creative writing and poetry workshops, and presenting their place through the written word.
- “Include Persons with Disabilities in the Life of Our Community” by the Youth Activists of Dolovo – inclusion and the importance of accessibility of space for all community members in Dolovo.
- “Market Timemachine” by the Foundation “Neozoik” – educating children in Dolovo about the local archaeological heritage of Dolovo.
“It’s wonderful to see the number of individuals and groups with ideas and desires to contribute to their community, and we are extremely pleased that, in collaboration with our partners – LFP, we have the opportunity to inspire and support such projects. Together, we can achieve much more than any of us individually. We are delighted to have come together around such important themes as empowering individuals and communities, raising ecological awareness, supporting culture and art, and caring for health and well-being. We hope that this competition will strengthen current associations and individuals actively contributing to the community, but also inspire new initiatives in these fields and show that significant changes are possible as long as there is desire, will, and support,” said Tijana Gajić, CSR Lead of the company CWP.
The projects selected through the competition will be implemented from November 15 of this year to May 15, 2024.